2020 was certainly a challenging year, which also saw the Highgate Playgroup having to make some tough decisions – such as not hosting our usual annual Christmas Party.
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held on 28 November – key outcomes are as follows:
- The Committee made the difficult decision to not hold a Christmas Party this year. Despite the fundraising we do, this event costs a significant amount to hold. Due to our COVID closure period, we had a reduction in usual member numbers and decided to be sensible with funds. We hope our members understand and we look forward to being able to hold a Christmas event in 2021!
- We are now opening venue hire to non-members! This is due to high demand plus the additional financial security this will bring. Non-members can hire the venue for $150 plus a $250 bond, while members pay $100 plus the bond.
- As the COVID situation progresses please remember to sign in for each session! Since we already have sign-in requirements we don’t need a QR code; however, please make sure your contact details are up to date (mobile phone) so we can complete contract tracing if we need to.
- We need new committee members! We have 2 positions vacant at the moment, Deputy Chair and Marketing. We would love some of our great members to put their hands up and share the work. Please email us or ask your group reps for details.
- Early bird discounts will be available for 2021 membership, for those who sign up before the end of December. Check out the Enquiries section of the website for more details.
Thanks everyone and we hope you’re having a fantastic holiday season.