Venue Hire Paused for Non-Members
Highgate Playgroup is not available for hire for non-members until November 2022. We thank you all for your interest in our lovely venue, the committee has decided to extend our member-only hire of our playgroup in light of our capacity and opening up the venue will be discussed at our Annual General Members meeting in November 2022.
If you’re a member feel free to contact us and fill in the agreement form linked below!
The booking fee for members, or those sponsored by existing members, is $100. All event bookings also require a refundable security deposit of $250, which is returned following confirmation that the venue and equipment is left clean, tidy and undamaged.
The hire period is generally for 4-4.5 hours, including setup, packing away and cleaning. The capacity is 50 (adults and kids). Saturday afternoon sessions (from midday) and Sunday (morning or afternoon) sessions are available.
Check out the Sessions & Events calendar for availability.
Facilities & Equipment
Hire of Highgate Playgroup for an event includes:
- exclusive use of the Playgroup building (including play areas, kitchen, toilet & baby change and toys)
- exclusive use of the undercover Outdoor Area adjacent to the Playgroup building,
- easy access to (not exclusive use) of the public Forrest Park playgroup, and
- access to (not exclusive use) of a small amount of off-street carparking, accessible via the Forrest Park Croquet Club entrance.
Refer to the site plan provided below for a layout of the available areas. Both the Playgroup building and undercover Outdoor Area can be used for an event setup. The capacity of the venue allows for 40 adults and a similar number of children.
There are 3 small kid-sized tables (90cm x 60cm) and a large trestle table (2m x 75cm) available for use, along with approximately 20 kids’ chairs, 10 adults’ chairs and 4 highchairs. All the equipment is available to use with the hire, including the toys.
We ask guests to take note of the location of furniture, toys and equipment upon arrival, to make tidying up after your event easier.
Kitchen and food service equipment on site includes:
- Oven and stove,
- Nespresso pod coffee machine & milk frother,
- Small number of kids plates, cups and cutlery (approx. 10 settings),
- A small amount of glassware (approx. 20 wine & water glasses)
- Coffee mugs (approx. 30),
- Some serving & oven trays, and
- Assorted cutlery.
Cleaning equipment and supplies are also provided to ensure the venue can be adequately tidied following your event.